Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reconnecting with old friends

Suddenly my life seems to be a whirlwind of reconnecting with friends, some that I haven't seen in 15 years. We've definitely grown older. And wiser. We appreciate living in the moment. We aren't afraid to express our joys or our fears. We aren't afraid to love one another. Do I wish I had my twenty year old body back? Yep. Do I wish I had my 22 year old memory back, when I could recite every lecture from each school day? Yep. But I don't want back the fretting over who I will be when I grow up, will I be successful, who am I , who do I have to be?

I'm just me now. I like who I am. I still change. But the change is fluid and welcome. I find people more amusing than irritating, yet I have no patience for bullies and bigots. People over 40 should behave like civilized grown ups. So that leaves out Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly. I really resent that they are allowed to incite hatred in others.

There I go. Digressing. Most people are good. They should stop giving the idiots attention.
Call someone you haven't talked to in years. You might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment