Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I wish it was not today

Today I learned that a friend has cancer. She is the wife of a man that I worked for many years ago. They were both an amazing couple with wonderful children. They were great parents, always fun, loving, generous and kind. Helen is the eternal optimist and the most wonderful mom I have ever known. I always admired her and wanted to be like her. She has a magical smile and a twinkle in her eye.

She found out just before Christmas and had surgery the day after Christmas, which happened to be her birthday.

Never delay being alive. Don't delay loving someone, hugging someone. Don't assume you can call that friend next week instead of today. It is always today. That is all you will ever have. Be alive now, with all it's pain and risk. The road to happiness is paved with everything and anything that can happen in life. Live in the moment. Be present for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment